In the evenings, I like to sit on the sofa in front of the TV with my Ipad and do a bit of surfing. Last night, I became a bit frustrated that I couldn’t ‘Pin’ things with the stroke of a button. I tried the Pinterest App but didn’t get on with it.
In the end, I found these detailed instructions at Jemsweb for adding a bookmarklet to my Safari browser. However, for the life of me I couldn’t copy the code and I struggled to find the ‘+’ button that he was referring to as I don’t have one on my browser.
So, in the end, this is what I did….
1) Open Safari on your Ipad
2) Navigate to www.jemsweb.com/2011/03/bookmarklets-for-ipad?
3) Add it as a Bookmark by clicking on the square with an arrow in it, to the left of the URL. Rename it ‘Pin it’ and save.
4) If you are able to copy the following code below using your iPad then go straight to step 8.
5) Now this bit required getting off the sofa and going over to my laptop as I couldn’t copy the code using my iPad. So, I copied it from the web page, and then emailed it to myself on my PC. Odd I know, but did the trick.
6) Then I went back to my iPad, my place was still warm on the sofa.
7) Open your email and copy the code.
8) Then go back to safari, click on the Bookmarks, it looks like an open book. Then choose Bookmarks Bar>Edit>Pin It!
9) Replace the address that is in the URL box with the code that you have copied.
10) You should now see Pin it on your Bookmarks Bar
Now when you come across something you like and want to share on Pinterest, just click Pin it!
Is this now when you tell me there is a much easier way of doing this???