|Slow Cooker Sunday: Mixed Fish and Vegetable Soup |
Author: Mediocre Mum
Three Fish and Vegetable Soup
- 1 TBSP of vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 stick of celery, chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 6 florets of broccoli, but into bite sized pieces
- 3oog of
- mixed white fish
- cut into small pieces (we used hake, haddock and cod)
- 1.3 litres of fish stock
- 1 tsp of dried parsley
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 100g of frozen peas
- 50g of fresh beans cut into 2cm pieces
- 175 ml of dry white wine
- Heat the oil in a frying pan. Sauté the onions, celery, carrots and broccoli for 15-20 min. Transfer to the slow cooker.
- Add the fish, stock and parsley. Season with a bit of salt and pepper.
- Cover and cook on high for2.5-3 hours. Add the peas, beans and wine halfway through the cooking time.
- Ladle into large soups bowls and serve with crusty bread
Recipe by Mediocre Mum at http://mediocremum.com/2012/12/slow-cooker-sunday-mixed-fish-and-vegetable-soup/