Prior to meeting my husband I lived with someone for 6 years and this recipe is pretty much all I walked away with, thanks to the lack of common law legislation in this country! ;-)
However, this is one of my favourite recipes. Honestly, it tastes better than it looks.
You will need:
- 1 small head of Broccoli – cut into bite size pieces.
- 500 g boneless/skinless chicken breasts
- 1 400 g can of Cream of Chicken Condensed Soup
- 4 Tbsp Mayonnaise
- 2 Tsp of curry powder (whatever strength you can cope with)
- 25 g of cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 190 degrees C.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and add the broccoli for about 5 minutes. It should only be slightly tender. Don’t overcook it as it still has an hour to go in the oven.
- In a small bowl, mix together the soup, mayo and curry powder.
- Place the broccoli and chicken in a casserole dish and pour over the mixture. Make sure it’s evenly covered. But don’t lose sleep over it.
- Top with Grated Cheese.
- Cook for about an hour, the top should be golden brown and chicken cooked through.
I serve it on a bed of rice.