Yes, you can cook Pasta in a slow cooker!
I must admit that this isn’t the normal type of thing I cook. However, it is school holidays, our daughter eats at the childminders for the majority of the week, so I was conscious of making child friendly meals. We’ve had Sausage and Mash, Macaroni and Cheese and this Creamy Chicken Pasta.
I do wish she had a wider palate, but I have tried and it’s difficult to persuade her to eat slightly spicier food. I’m fairly confident I couldn’t get her to eat a Lentil Dahl.
I originally, came across this recipe on Chic Pins at first I was a bit flummoxed by the measurements, I couldn’t locate the egg noodles and I prefer to use chicken thighs as I find they don’t dry out as much as breasts do.
So I’ve anglicized it a bit, even though I’m Canadian.
- 500 g of Chicken Thighs, skinned and cut into bite sized pieces
- 1.2 litres of Chicken Stock
- 2 tins (295g) Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup
- 50 g of butter
- 320 g of tagliatelle
- Parsley to garnish
- Place the chicken, stock, soup and butter in the slow cooker. Mix well. Cook and cover on low for a minimum of 6 hours.
- An hour before you are going to serve put the Tagliatelle in, replace the lid and cook for another hour.
- It’s that easy. Serve with garlic bread and greens.
Don’t forget Slow Cooker Sunday is all about sharing recipes and getting inspiration from others. Feel free to add your own recipes below. They can be old or new and don’t even have to be your own. Just one you’ve tried and liked.
And if you need extra inspiration, don’t forget to check out our Pinterest Board, with over a hundred recipes.
Google+ fans, we also have a Community ‘All Things Slow Cooking’ feel free to join in. Thanks to Aly Hodge it’s now starting to grow legs.
And if you subscribe to my blog, using the form in the sidebar you can get a free copy of my first ever eBook ‘There’s More to Slow Cooking than Stews – 10 Recipes to get you going’.