This recipe was originally sent to me from the lovely folks at Blue Dragon but I’ve modified it to use it with a slow cooker. It was incredibly easy and gorgeous. It’s definitely gone on the ‘have again’ list.
- 1 tbsp oil
- 4 tbsp Blue Dragon Laksa Paste
- 400 ml coconut milk
- 200 ml chicken stock
- 500g boneless chicken thighs, chopped into thin slices
- 1 medium onion thinly sliced
- 100g green beans chopped into 2.5 cm pieces
- 1 tbsp of fish sauce
- 100g bean sprouts
- ½ a cucumber but into match sticks
- Straight to wok fine rice noodles
1. Heat the oil in a frying pan and then add the curry paste and fry for about a minute. When it’s aromatic add the coconut milk and chicken stock bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer. Add the chicken, onion and fish sauce for 4-7 minutes and simmer till the chicken is sealed.
2. Transfer to the slow cooker and cook on low for 6-8 hours. Approximately 1 hour before it finishes add the green beans. This will stop them from getting too mushy.
3. Prepare the noodles as per instructions on pack. Put a large handful in the bottom of each bowl. Now top the noodles with a few generous ladle-fulls of the soup.
4. Garnish with the bean sprouts, coriander and cucumber.
I served it with bread but really didn’t need to as it was an entire meal in itself.