Stir Free Sausage and Tomato Risotto
Everyone is a sucker for a photo of a cute puppy, right? Don’t worry it will all make sense soon.
I don’t often make Risotto as I don’t have the time or patience to be standing at the cooker for 40-50 minutes stirring. However, I came across this recipe for Sausage Risotto which is done in the oven and requires very little stirring just a bit when you brown the sausages and sauté the onion.
This reminded me how much I like risotto and now that I can do it without being chained to the stove I will be making it more as it’s such a quick and easy mid-week meal. I’m going to try and make a Prawn and Pea Risotto at the end of the week. I’ll let you know how it went.
I used Black Dog Risotto and Tomato but you could use plain Arborio rice but it probably wouldn’t have that extra zing.
Plus, A percentage of proceeds from sales of all Black Dog Deli products will go to The Labrador Rescue Trust, who have recently homed their 10,000th dog.
Hence the photo of the adorable Lab.
- 1 TBSP Olive Oil
- 4-6 Pork Sausages
- 1 red onion chopped
- 300 g Arborio Rice
- 400g tin of chopped tomatoes
- 375 ml of chicken stock
- 375 ml of water
- dried parsley
- Preheat the oven to 200. Heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the sausages for about 10 minutes until they are brown and almost cooked through. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Add the onion to the pan, you may need to add a bit more oil. Sauté for about 3-5 minutes until soft.
- Cut the sausages into bite-sized pieces, try not to burn your fingers. I wore an oven mitt.
- Add the rice to the pan and cook for a minute, stirring continuously. Add the sausages, tomatoes, stock and water and stir. Bring to a boil then transfer to an oven proof dish. Cover with foil and cook for 30-35 minutes. The liquid should have absorbed. Do check to see if the rice is cooked.
- Serve in large bowls and garnish with some dried parsley if you want.
What’s your favourite kind of Risotto?
Disclosure: I received the Risotto complimentary for review purposes.