We were out all day on Sunday and I wasn’t organised enough to put anything in the slow cooker in the morning so when we got home it was a bit of a scramble for dinner as we were low on groceries as well.
I raided the freezer and found a couple of bags of frozen prawns and some frozen spinach and this is what I came up with.
The added bonus of this recipes is that my 5 year old could help out and everyone devoured it.
Do you have any quick emergency meals using stuff around the house? Please do leave them in the comments below.
- 400g pasta (I used Farfalle, but rigatoni, linguine, spaghetti or penne would work as well)
- 400g cooked frozen prawns (I used a combination of large and small ones)
- 90g frozen spinach (partially defrosted)
- 3 TBSP
- Crème fraîche
- 25g grated parmesan
- Salt and Pepper to Season
- Bring a large pan of water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook according to package instructions. 5 minutes before it’s finished add the prawns to the pan with the pasta and boiling water. Ensure they are cooked through.
- Strain using a colander and return to the pot. Add the spinach, cream, cheese and season with salt and pepper. Mix well, until the spinach has fully defrosted.