I don’t normally post recipes as I can’t cook but this one was delicious. The key is using SMOKED haddock. I would have used my own photo but it didn’t stick around long enough.
2 tbsp of butter
2 tbsp of flour
1 pint of milk
1 lb of SMOKED haddock: Skinned and cubed
4 oz frozen peas
1 small can of sweet corn
2 eggs, hardboiled and chopped
6-8 medium potatoes, peeled, diced, and cooked
1 tsp of dried parsley
2 oz cheese, grated
1. Melt the butter in a sauce pan, add the flour, make a roux, and stir for a minute or two. Gradually add the milk, stirring constantly until it thickens.
2. Add the fish, peas, sweet corn, eggs, and parsley, season with salt and pepper and cook for 2-3 minutes.
3. Place in an ovenproof casserole dish
4. Mash the potatoes with a bit of butter and milk and spoon onto the fish mixture
5. Sprinkle over the cheese and place in the oven for 30-45 minutes at 180 degrees.
6. Serve with some baked beans or crusty bread
Extra tip: add ½ tsp of grated lemon rind and a tsp of toasted cumin seeds to filling sauce and if you don’t like sweetcorn you can use fried mushrooms. Thanks @hizzary.