When I was a kid my mum used to always cook mushroom soup rice. However, she did it on the stove (cooker). Don’t laugh but for the life of me I couldn’t find a recipe so I winged it and it was exactly what I remember.
- 330 ml of water
- 1 tin (295g) of Cream of Mushroom Soup (Condensed)
- ¼ tsp of paprika
- ¼ tsp of pepper
- 200 ml of long grain rice (I used Basmati)
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees (we have fan assisted)
- Mix the mushroom soup, water, paprika and pepper in a jug. Mix well.
- Put the rice in an oven-proof dish. Pour over the rice and stir.
- Cover with foil and cook for 40-45 minutes.
Voila! Probably not the healthiest but makes rice a bit more interesting.