When I was a kid my mum used to always cook mushroom soup rice. However, she did it on the stove (cooker). Don’t laugh but for the life of me I couldn’t find a recipe so I winged it and it was exactly what I remember.
- 330 ml of water
- 1 tin (295g) of Cream of Mushroom Soup (Condensed)
- ¼ tsp of paprika
- ¼ tsp of pepper
- 200 ml of long grain rice (I used Basmati)
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees (we have fan assisted)
- Mix the mushroom soup, water, paprika and pepper in a jug. Mix well.
- Put the rice in an oven-proof dish. Pour over the rice and stir.
- Cover with foil and cook for 40-45 minutes.
Voila! Probably not the healthiest but makes rice a bit more interesting.
2 thoughts on “Rice with Cream of Mushroom Soup (Bachelor’s or Campbell’s)”
Or…. take one can of cambells soup (other brands are available), and one packet of Uncle Ben’s two minute rice (other brands, oh, wait, maybe not…). Heat both as per instructions, mix, eat. Less work, and rice and soup of choice. :)
That sounds so much easier!