Easy Mid Week Meal Idea for Kids
Planning our weekly meals is the bane of my life! This week I was inspired by an image that I saw on Pinterest of these Mini Toads in a hole. I’m not normally one for ‘Cute Food’ but it looked relatively easy and I was fairly confident my daughter would eat it as she loves Yorkshire puddings and sausages.
In my quest to add green things to her food, I did add a sprig of fresh rosemary to each, but if I’m honest you really could skip this. If you’re dubious about cocktail sausages you could probably use better quality regular sausage and cut them into small pieces.
- 24 Cocktail Sausages
- Sunflower Oil
- 140g Plain Flour
- Flour Eggs
- 200ml Milk
- Salt and Pepper
- Fresh rosemary (Optional)
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees. Place two cocktail sausages in each opening of a muffin tin. Drizzle with Sunflower oil. Pop in the oven for 15-20 minutes. The trick is to make sure that the oil is hot.
- In a separate bowl add the flour and beat in the eggs until smooth. Gradually add the milk, season with salt and pepper. I tend to then transfer the batter to a measuring cup as it’s easier to pour.
- Carefully remove the tray from the oven. Pour the batter into the holes, filling them about a third full. At this point you can add a sprig of rosemary if you like. Then place back in the oven and cook ‘UNDISTURBED’ for 20-25 minutes until the Yorkshire is golden brown. Do not be tempted to open the oven door to have a sneaky peak.
- Serve with gravy and your child’s favourite greens.
Do you have any other quick mid-week meal ideas? If so, please do leave a comment. I could really use the inspiration.