This is the perfect meal for either ‘All Hallows Eve’ or Guy Fawkes night. This recipe serves two but is easily doubled, tripled, etc. On this occasion I haven’t used my slow cooker but you can do jacket potatoes in one.
Time: 10 minutes
- 2 Jacket Potatoes – you could make your own but we cheated and used McCain’s as they can be done in the microwave in minutes.
- 1TBSP of Olive Oil
- 1 small red onion, finely sliced
- 4 good quality sausage, cooked and cut into chunks
- 3 TBSP Red Onion Chutney
- Handful of Fresh Parsley
- You could opt for a Delia method of doing the Jacket potatoes but that can take up to two hours, alternatively you can microwave your own which takes about 10 minutes or like us use McCain’s Ready Baked Jackets.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan, add the onions and fry until soft, approx 3-5 minutes.
- Add the sausage chunks and heat through
- When the potatoes are cooked, add the chutney to the sausages and allow to bubble. When heated through, open the potatoes slightly and top with the caramelized red onion and sausage mixture.
I’m a curious soul, one of my only traits I hope my daughter inherits. This week I’ve learned that:
Baked Beans are Haricot Beans, which are sometimes called Pea Beans, hence why some people think they are peas. Both peas and beans are Legumes which are fruits or seeds of anything that comes in a pod. But what I really want to know is how to pronounce Legumes. Is it lay-goom, lee-goom, lie-goom or some other way?
Paracetamol is available as a suppository??? In Spain and Lapland this is the norm, even for children. If my daughter is ever that sick and in need of one I hope we’re in a place with medically trained staff as there is no chance that I will be doing this! Just seems wrong to me!
Tree Nuts are nuts that grow on trees (walnuts, cashews, Brazil nuts, macadamia nuts, chestnuts). I know that is fairly obvious but didn’t realise there was a difference. Interestingly, some people can be allergic to one and not the other. I was also reminded that peanuts grow underground. Not sure if I already knew that or had just forgotten.
Now if I could only remember these things I’d be a great quiz team player!