This is the perfect meal for either ‘All Hallows Eve’ or Guy Fawkes night. This recipe serves two but is easily doubled, tripled, etc. On this occasion I haven’t used my slow cooker but you can do jacket potatoes in one.
Time: 10 minutes
- 2 Jacket Potatoes – you could make your own but we cheated and used McCain’s as they can be done in the microwave in minutes.
- 1TBSP of Olive Oil
- 1 small red onion, finely sliced
- 4 good quality sausage, cooked and cut into chunks
- 3 TBSP Red Onion Chutney
- Handful of Fresh Parsley
- You could opt for a Delia method of doing the Jacket potatoes but that can take up to two hours, alternatively you can microwave your own which takes about 10 minutes or like us use McCain’s Ready Baked Jackets.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan, add the onions and fry until soft, approx 3-5 minutes.
- Add the sausage chunks and heat through
- When the potatoes are cooked, add the chutney to the sausages and allow to bubble. When heated through, open the potatoes slightly and top with the caramelized red onion and sausage mixture.
One thought on “Sausage and Caramelized Onion Jacket Potatoes”
Oh yum! *adds to shopping list*