Thank you all for taking part. I hope you enjoyed. The answer of course to the Picture Puzzle was
More about the pictures (including photo credits) and some interesting Canadian Trivia
- Head-Smashed-In Buffalo Jump was used by Canadian First Nations People to kill buffalo by driving them off the 10 metre cliff, hence the name.
- Poutine (pronounced Poo-TEEN) is a French Canadian dish consisting of French fries, cheese curd and gravy. Don’t knock it till you try it.
- Hôtel de Glace is the first ice hotel in North America, which is built every January and disappears in the spring it’s located on the outskirts of Quebec.
- The Baseball Glove was invented in Canada in 1883.
- “Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer” was filmed in Japan, but the entire soundtrack was recorded in a studio in Toronto, Ontario.
- Yonge Street is the longest street in the world at 1178 miles long!!!
- Wasaga Beach, in Ontario, is the longest freshwater beach in the world.
- This could be disputed but the Zipper was invented in Canada.
- Canada’s only desert, it’s only 15 miles long but is home to the Endangered Western Rattlesnake. They’ll catch the snakes and put them in a ‘snake hotel’ so you can have a closer look. No thanks!
- Lacrosse shares the title as Canada’s National Sport alongside Ice Hockey of course.