I don’t know if it’s the Canadian in me but I love Halloween and sometimes I wish it would take off a bit more here in the UK, but understand why it hasn’t. I grew up with it as a kid and I don’t read anymore into it than kids getting dressed up, scaring the hell out of each other, blagging loads of sweets off the neighbours, maybe throwing the odd rotten egg and soaping a few cars. So, to get into the Halloween spirit I’m hosting a Pumpkin Carving Competition.
Unfortunately, the only thing I’m able to offer in the way of a prize is to feature the winning entry on my blog with a mini bio! Hey, you may get a couple of new followers and of course you’ll secure ‘bragging rights’!
The rules are simple
- Carve a pumpkin; however, if you’re in a pinch I’d be more than happy with any gourd, courgettes, satsumas, etc.
- Take a photo of it and submit it to me. Please see ways to submit below.
- It has to have been carved this year (2010). So no digging through the archives.
- You must have carved it yourself or with your kids. To stop people submitting sneaky Google images it would be great if you, your kids or your pet could appear in the photo. But, don’t worry too much if this isn’t possible
- Competition closes at sunset (in the UK) on the 31st of October 2010. I will announce the winner later that night.
How to submit your photo.
- If you’re a blogger, write a post and add the link to the Linky below (in response box add your name)
- If you’re not, you can Twitpic it and use the twitpic address and add it to the Linky (in response box add your name)
- If you have no idea how to do any of this you can always send the photo to me and I’ll add it for you.
Please drop me a line if you have any questions.
Good luck and get carving!
Please note: I will not be held responsible for any injuries incurred during this competition. So, if you cut anything off don’t come crying to me!
13 thoughts on “Pumpkin Carving Competition”
Sounds like lots of fun!! Count us in!! Will go buy the fattest pumpkin we can find tomorrow! :)
Look forward to seeing it.
Many thanks for joining in.
oooh, I’m number 13. unlucky for some…
Hi Chrissie, I just entered a picture of our jack-o-latern, but I cross my heart and hope to die (well, you know) that we carved it! Here is another link showing me and Little M scooping out the seeds!
Don’t worry I trust you!!!