Turning 40!

by mediocremum on 20/10/2011

Print Friendly

OMG!  I’m 40!  How on earth did that happen?  I remember being 19 and my mate was 25 and I thought she was ancient! I’m not panicking about being 40, I enjoy birthdays and stretch them out as long as I can, as I love the attention.  However, it’s heading towards 50 that freaks me out.

I’m happily married, even though I moan about him a lot, I have a gorgeous daughter, I’ve done loads of travelling, have great friends, supportive and slightly bonkers family and run a successful business so I really don’t have any reason to go into melt down and I’m more thankful than anything.

In fact, I’m really looking forward to my 40s.  Apparently life starts at 40 and I’ve been promised that these are going to be some of the best years of my life.  You guys better not be lying!  I have no intention of setting any wild bucket lists or lists of things to do before I’m 50.  I’m just going to sit back, have a glass of wine, enjoy being in this élite club and carry on laughing as much as I do!

Bring it on!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

I'd love to hear your thoughts? Please leave a comment, share using the nifty buttons or subscribe to have future posts delivered to your inbox.

{ 8 comments… read them below or add one }

1 Claire H October 20, 2011 at 8:13 am

Yay! Happy Birthday!! It is an elite club, you’re right. I have enjoyed my forties far more than any other decade. Kids are now sorted (almost) and time to do what you want without having to try to impress anyone. I’ll be leaving this club in a year or so but by all accounts it just gets better and better – bring it on! Have a great day : ) and a brilliant decade.

2 Sandy Calico October 20, 2011 at 8:14 am

Happy Birthday! I love this post, so positive x

3 Marie October 20, 2011 at 8:49 am

Happy 40th birthday Chrissie! Hitting 50 isn’t as bad as you might think (from a member of that elite club) just another ‘OMG how did that happen moment’!

4 would like to be a yummy mummy October 20, 2011 at 2:39 pm

Happy Birthday, lovely to see such a positive post about it. I turned 36 this Summer and was a bit freaked out about getting closer to the big 40. You have made me feel better about it so thank you x

5 Red Rose Mummy October 21, 2011 at 10:49 am

Happy Birthday! I’m determined not to freak out about 40 too, I do have 5 years to get used to it though.

6 Rosie Scribble October 23, 2011 at 9:42 pm

Happy Birthday. Hope you had a great day. I’m a year and a half away from the big 40 but posts like this make me feel a lot more positive about it. x

7 geekmummy November 5, 2011 at 5:56 pm

Happy belated Birthday! I was 40 earlier this year, and I’m determined to be positive and enjoy it, like you. It’s shaping up pretty well so far :)

8 rue du chat qui peche February 7, 2013 at 10:20 pm

Happy belated birthday! Well done for a brilliant post!