‘Mummy, you know that place we went to on the weekend, I call it the best place ever!’ M age 5
Thorpe Park was originally marketed for 16- 24 year olds, so when I first invited myself along, I was a bit worried that there would not be enough for my 5 year old to do. I had a quick look on the site and there were a few rides for kids starting from 900mm through to 1.1m.
The first thing I had to work out was how tall she was. Luckily, she takes after her mum and dad, she’s not freakishly tall but a bit taller than your average 5 year old. Once I got her to stand still, I worked out that she was 116 cm. Result! Plus, we also got her to wear her Heely’s without the wheels which gave her another 3-4 centimetres.
These are all the rides that she was able to go on. We may have been able to sneak her onto a few of the 1.2m rides but didn’t want to jeopardize her safety.
Rides for 5 year olds at Thorpe Park
- Zodiac – spinning sensation, say good-bye to your lunch
- Depth Charge – 4 lane super slide
- Flying Fish – Bonus, the kids could go on without parental supervision!
- Rumba Rapids – Yes, my bum got very wet!
- Rocky Express – I can’t believe they went on it 5 times in a row! I would’ve been sick.
- Mr. Monkey’s Banana Ride – My daughter’s favourite as it gave her butterflies in her tummy.
- Logger’s Leap – a classic log flume with two drops
- X – an indoor rollercoaster with a light and sound show
- Storm Surge – swirling water ride
As you can see there was more than enough to entertain us for the day and we managed to avoid the Tea Cups. If you count the Carousel she was able to go on at least 10 rides.
Disclosure: our tickets were complimentary.
4 thoughts on “Things to do at Thorpe Park if you’re 5”
If you are 47 like me just pretend to be 5 and enjoy it !!!
Have shared on Facebook – super review!
My pleasure! Thanks for the opportunity.