I really need to get over my irrational fear of the NCT and Mumsnet. I’m probably just not clever enough to get the humour. However, I did find this highly amusing last night.
I was pointed in the direction of their newest book, which is available for a tenner.
The Golden Rules:
1. You don’t have to bake with your children.
2. Don’t fret about milestones.
3. Don’t buy a guinea pig for your child.
4. Ignore unsolicited parenting advice from old biddies on buses.
5. Don’t give up work for your children (unless you want to!).
6. Cut their hair off.
7. Let them eat cake.
8. Boycott World Book Day.
9. Don’t hit your kids.
10. Put away your mobile, turn off your laptop and don’t even think about a BlackBerry or an iPhone.
For the most part a lot of the rules are solid: except possibly 1, 6 and 8. But, what really made me laugh was number 10. Not because of what it says but because what was being advertised right below it????