Here is a cheeky little trick, to get more backlinks, I learned at #blogcamp from the ever so clever Lee Smallwood.
I’ve been using the Tweetmeme plugin for WordPress for ages. However, I didn’t realise that every time I was using it I was inadvertently generating a backlink to my blog.
When you want to promote your blog on Twitter, simply click the green Retweet button within your post, edit the message and tweet. As it contains your URL, you now have a backlink from the folks at Tweetmeme. It’s as easy as that!
Cheeky or clever???
I was a very strong believer that this was the correct way to hang a toilet roll, with the paper hanging down the back. So much so, that if I came around to your house and you didn’t have one of those fancy or lock and key toilet roll holders I would switch yours around. Do bear in mind that I’m the kind of person that will also straighten picture frames in other people’s houses. I don’t know if it’s the Libra in me but everything has to be balanced.
However, I’ve been doing some very scientific research (Google) and discovered in fact that I may have been wrong. Apparently, in addition to being more hygienic, it’s also more environmentally friendly, efficient and will make you a better person if you hang the loo roll with the sheet hanging over the top.
- When it’s hanging down the back it touches the back recessed bit or the wall, where if we’re honest with ourselves, we never clean. So, instead of cleaning yourself you are actually introducing more germs. Yuck, yuck, yuck.
- This not something I don’t worry about that much, but I’ve read that over the top is much more conducive to one handed tearing??? Can someone please elaborate?
- It reduces the stress when trying to locate the end of the roll. But, what if it’s a new roll and the first sheet is stuck in place with a bit of glue? Mine ends up looking like a hamster’s bedding!
- It deters small people from unravelling the whole roll as there is less gravitational pull.
- And lastly, if you’re inclined to do so you can fold the ends hotel style. However, if you do this you have far too much time on your hands.
Do you agree? Is there a correct way to hang a toilet roll?
This really winds me up…..
When I pop into a shop, it’s usually because I’ve forgotten something; I normally have Madame in tow, often carrying a scooter, laden with shopping bags, my Iphone and/or my wallet in hand. So, when they give me my change like this, I end up having to drop everything, because it takes two hands to slide the change off the bills, deposit them in my pocket and then separate the bills from the receipt and tuck them away safely. Then I have to start the whole process of loading myself up again like a nomadic traveller when the seasons change.
Why can’t they give me my change like this…
Then I could deal with it one handed, slip the change into my pocket, then the bills without having to put everything down and be out of their way much faster.
I’m a Grumpy Old Woman. Are you? Help yourself to a badge.