This is the best advice my mother ever gave me. I’ve used it countless times:
- When the midwife came around and was asking about breastfeeding and I’d just been busy hiding all evidence of bottles.
- When accidentally fair jumping on the underground in Budapest and had a run in with the transit police which resulted in a tug-of-war with passports.
- When making small talk with someone who I can’t stand and I know the feeling’s mutual.
- When leading a training session on a piece of software I’ve never seen before.
- When I was the 2nd woman ever allowed into the Ministry of education in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia and the entire meeting was in Arabic. I didn’t have a clue what was going on.
- In the bedroom, I don’t think I need to elaborate on this as you ladies know exactly what I mean!
- When talking politics, if you were to ask me who the Prime Minister of Canada was I’d have to look it up.
What’s the best advice anyone has ever given you?