I know some people think they’re Retro but I love my slow cooker and I use it about 3 times a week. I work in the afternoons so it’s perfect. I lump everything in it in the morning and switch it on before I head out. It saves me rushing around trying to cook in the midst of Madame’s bedtime routine. My husband and I found that we were eating later and later so now as soon as she is in bed dinner is served.
I thought I would start compiling a few of my favourite recipes. The lovely Dawn at the The Moiderer is also compiling a list and has some slow cooker tips so do pop over and check out some of the recipes. She also has a Mclinky so you can add your own recipes as well. I quite fancy trying the Creamy Pesto Chicken.
My only tip is always brown meat before you put it in even if the recipe doesn’t call for it.
Without further ado…here is my first recipe.
- 455 g of diced chicken breast
- One sachet of Sharwood’s Thai Green Curry Paste
- 400 ml can of coconut milk
- 250 ml chopped green beans
- 250 ml chopped cauliflower
- ½ a red pepper chopped
- 2 teaspoons of sugar
- Brown the chicken for a few minutes in a frying pan. Then throw it all into the slow cooker mix well. Cook on low for 8-10 hours. Serve with basmati rice and naans for dipping.