I’ve been meaning to post this recipe for ages. I made this curry for my Book Club a few weeks ago, along with my Lamb Curry. It’s dead easy to make and absolutely delicious. Enjoy!
- 1 tbsp of oil
- 1 onion diced
- 2 cloves of garlic crushed
- 1 tbsp of minced ginger (I use lazy ginger in a jar)
- 3 tbsp of Patak’s Mild Curry Paste
- 350g Butternut squash, bitesize pieces (you can buy it ready peeled if you want to keep your limbs!)
- 4 medium sized potatoes peeled and cubed
- 400g tin of chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 400 ml of coconut milk (you can use light if you want, I didn’t)
- 250 ml of vegetable stock
- 60 ml of smooth peanut butter (it gives it a creamy texture)
- 2 large handfuls of spinach
- 250ml of frozen peas
- Preheat the slow cooker (low)
- Sauté the onion, garlic and ginger till the onions are soft (about 5 min). Then add the curry paste, mix well, and cook for about a minute.
- Put the squash, potatoes and chickpeas in the slow cooker. Top with the onion mixture.
- Pour in the coconut milk, stock and peanut butter. Mix well.
- Cook covered for at least 4 hours until the butternut squash is cooked. (I did closer to 5-6 hrs)
- 30 minutes before you are ready to serve mix in the spinach and peas. I served with Naans, Sag Paneer and Basmati rice.
For more recipe ideas, cooking tips and ideas check out Patak’s Curry Club
Thanks to Patak’s for sending me a lovely selection of their products! I can’t wait to try them all.