A traditional meal with a twist, the Chutney gives it a hint of sweetness, perfect for cold winter nights. A family favourite in our house. I like to serve it with mash and green beans.
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 6-8 Sausages
- 1 large onion
- 2 TBSP of flour
- 300 ml of stock (chicken or beef)
- 2 Tbsp Patak’s Mango Chutney
- 1 Tbsp Worcestire Sauce
- Salt and Pepper
- Preheat the slow cooker
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and brown the sausages on all sides. Transfer to the slow cooker.
- Sauté the onions until soft, approximately 3-5 minutes. Sprinkle in the flour, mix well to coat the onions for about a minute.
- Gradually add the stock, bring to a boil and simmer until it thickens.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients (chutney, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper) and pour over the sausages.
- Cook for 6-8 hours on low.
3 thoughts on “Slow Cooker Sausage and Mash with Chutney”
all I need is for Santa to bring me my slow cooker and I’m ready with the chutney. Sounds heavenly.
Ha! Just got a slow cooker and I like the sound of this recipe! :)
Oh!…that’s great helpful, it’s so right to me!
Million thanks for the article,