I do get a bit overzealous with my slow cooker. I saw someone talking about slow cooking Lasagne. I really thought I’d gone a bit too far this time, but it was absolutely gorgeous.
I honestly think any lasagne recipe would work, with a little modification, but if you don’t have one here is what I did.
- 2 TBSP of Olive Oil
- 455g of mince
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 500g jar of Dolmio Original Lasagne ‘Red’ Sauce (I used the roasted onion and garlic)
- 1 package of lasagne noodles
- 250 g of cottage cheese
- 1 egg
- 125g of parmesan cheese
- 200 g of mozzarella cheese
- Heat the olive oil in a pan. Add the mince, season with salt and brown. About 3 minutes before it is finished add the onion and sauté till soft.
- Add the Dolmio sauce and simmer for a couple of minutes.
- Keep a small amount of the mozzarella aside to sprinkle on top after.
- In a separate bowl, mix the cottage cheese, egg, parmesan and remaining mozzarella cheese.
- Put a layer of the meet sauce in the bottom of the slow cooker. Cover with a layer of noodles. This is a bit fiddly. You’ll have to break them to fit. Cover with a layer of the cheese mixture. Spread evenly. Add another layer of meet sauce, then another layer of noodles. One more layer of the cheese mixture and then beef. Top with the remaining mozzarella cheese.
Cook on low for 4-6 hours.
I like to serve mine with Caesar salad and Garlic Bread.
Click here for more Slow Cooker Recipes.