This is my front door. For the most part it works fairly well in reducing the amount of junk mail that we receive. However, I think we may need to get it translated into a few more languages! :-o
Sometimes I wish I could hang one on my Twitter account. The amount of crap I receive is unbelievable and I’m sure I’m not alone.
Please do not:
1) Ask me to vote for your nephew in a baby photo competition. A) I don’t know you and B) the kid’s ugly.
2) Send me auto DMs saying thanks for the follow with a link. I liken it to a quick hello over the bar, and then you throw your business card in my face and walk away.
3) If I’ve never spoken to you before, don’t ask me to support your charity. I’m sure it’s a good cause but I don’t give money to panhandlers in the street either.
4) Send me unsolicited tweets promoting your products. It’s up there with cold calling and the Jehovah’s banging on my door on a Saturday morning. I will virtually slam the door in your face as well.
5) Blatantly ask me to follow you. Why would I follow someone with no followers, no tweets and no avatar?
6) Ask me to RT something for you. You’ve annoyed me by asking, so why would I then in turn annoy all my followers?
Have I missed any?
Thanking you in advance,
10 thoughts on “Junk Mail”
Love i!!t…this really made me smile and I totally agree with you hee hee :-)
For some reason some people think that normal social rules don’t apply when it comes to social media????
Re junk mail: Royal Mail run a scheme that allows you to opt out of receiving junk mail. It works for me – the only stuff we get now is the unaddressed sort (mostly charities and double glazing) which is unavoidable but relatively rare. The Royal Mail website will tell you how.
I remember looking into the Royal Mail Opt out programme. I can’t remember why I didn’t do it in the end. Will check it out again. Thanks.
Well put, I totally agree, but it’ll never stop..
Unfortunately, you’re right!
Life’s rich tapestry eh? But I love it and agree! Along with Chain Letters.. THEY are the things i hate MOST! :)
HERE HERE well bloody said. I want same sign for my door and a NO COLD CALLERS one too. Drives me nuts in real life and on twitter/emails. Bah humbug.
Brilliant. I get this stuff all the time. Usually from exotically-named women based in the States!
Keith aka Reluctant Housedad
Brilliant – I have a very short twitter idiot fuse, RT stupid quotes *unfollow*…