Did you know it’s National Curry Week this week 8th-15th October? Apparently, 73% of Brits say they love curry and 24% name it as their absolute favourite. We’re fans in our house as well.
Hence my offering this week for Slow Cooker Sunday, a place to share recipes and be inspired to try something new. You can either leave a link to your recipe in the Linky below but don’t worry if you don’t have a blog you can always leave your recipe in the comment section.
I’m looking forward to seeing what you come up with this week as I’m always looking for new recipes to try. Don’t forget the Linky is open all week so you can always pop back later. There is a badge in the sidebar if you’re so inclined but not mandatory. :-)
- 250g of red lentils
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- ½ tsp turmeric
- ½ tsp cumin seeds, roughly crushed
- 2 cm fresh root ginger, finely chopped
- 200g canned chopped tomatoes
- 600 ml vegetable stock
- Salt and Pepper
- 2 handfuls of frozen spinach
- 4 hard boiled eggs
- Natural Yoghurt
- 1TBSP sunflower oil
- 2 tsp black mustard seeds
- ½ teaspoon cumin seeds, crushed
- Pinch of turmeric
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Rinse the lentils well and place in the slow cooker with the onion, spices, ginger, tomatoes and stock. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours. Make sure the lentils are soft or you may chip a tooth.
- minutes before serving, stir in the frozen spinach. Peel and slice the eggs, placing them on top of the lentil mixture, return the cover and cook for another 30 minutes. Till the spinach and egg are heated through.
- To make the Tarka, heat the oil in the pan, add the spice and garlic and fry for 2 minutes.
- Spoon the lentil mixture into bowls, top with a dollop natural yogurt, sprinkle with Tarka and serve with warm Naans.