- Rock Paper Scissors – I successfully taught my five year old, although she does have a tendency to cheat. Remember, paper covers rock, scissors cut paper and rock smashes scissors. We don’t include dynamite.
- Sofa Statues – one person sits on the sofa, with a straight face the other person attempts to make them laugh. This usually results in a lot of tongue poking, bum waggling and really bad jokes.
- Sausages – take turns asking each other questions (e.g What do you clean your ears with?) you’re only allowed to answer ‘sausages’. If you laugh, you lose.
- Guess the letter – take turns writing letters on each other’s backs with your finger and the other person has to guess which letter sound. It’s great if your child is learning phonics.
- Shoe Tying – take your shoe off and give it to your child to practice tying. This is something I need to do more of as Velcro seems to put this skill off till later and later.
Do you have any quick games that you play with your kids?