I have a small confession to make. This was originally supposed to be Chinese Style ‘Beef’ and Noodles but for some strange reason I bought pork. However, I had a quick look at the ingredients Spring Onion, Ginger and 5-spice and thought it might work with Pork and it did. The picture really doesn’t do it justice. The only changes I made were the Pork of course and I substituted Pork stock instead of Beef Stock.
This recipe originally came from SOUPS FOR YOUR SLOW COOKER by Diana Peacock
- 1TBSP of vegetable oil
- 5 spring onions, chopped
- 3 cm piece ginger, grated
- 4 cloves of garlic, chopped
- ½ tsp of 5-spice powder
- ½ tsp chilli flakes
- 2 TBSP rice wine
- 2TBSP dark soy sauce
- 1 TBSP hoisin sauce
- 1 litre of pork stock
- 1 TBSP of vegetable oil mixed with 1 TBSP sesame oil
- 400g pork cut into bite sized pieces
- 200g egg or rice noodles
- Heat the oil in the slow cooker on High. Then add all of the ingredients from the Vegetable Oil to the Hoisin Sauce. Mix well.
- Add the stock and stir.
- Heat the second portion of oils in a frying pan, add the pork and cook until sealed. You could season with salt and pepper but I wasn’t sure how salty it would be with the stock and soy sauce so I didn’t. Transfer to the slow cooker, cover and cook on LOW for 5-7 hours.
- An hour before finishing, add the noodles to the cooker. We served it in large soup bowls accompanied by store bought Prawn Toast.
So, what have you been up to with your slow cooker this week? Please leave your links below a moment to check out the other recipes. If you don’t blog you can always leave your recipes in the comment section.
We’re also on instagram #scsunday and featured recipes can be found on our Pinterest board.