Slow Cooker Chickpea and Chorizo Tagine
Recipe Type: Main
Cuisine: Slow Cooking
I was originally going to serve this with a lemon and mint couscous but then realised I didn’t have any couscous so I’ve said it serves two, but you could stretch it to four with couscous or rice.
- 1 TBSP of olive oil
- 2 red onions, sliced thinly
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 thin chorizo, 15 cm in length, roughly cut diagonally
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 400g tin of chickpeas, rinsed
- 2 bay leaves
- 450 ml of veg stock
- Couple of pinches of dried thyme
- Juice of half a lemon
- Couple of pinches of dried sage
- Natural Yoghurt
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan, sauté the onion and garlic for 3-5 minutes until they soften. Add the Chorizo and sauté for a couple of minutes. Add the paprika, stir and cook for a further minute.
- Transfer to the slow cooker. Add the chickpeas, bay leaves, vegetable stock and thyme, mix well. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours. Thirty minutes prior to serving add the lemon juice and sage.
- I’d recommend serving on a bed of couscous, with flatbread and yoghurt.
For more recipes click here
If you happen to try any of the recipes do let me know how you get on.