Before you get the wrong impression, my daughter does frequent the pub on occasion but we don’t go as often as you may think. If it’s a sunny day we will pop up to our local pub as it has a garden and enjoy a few drinks. However, we always go prepared!
This is what I’d recommend taking:
- Bubbles – hours of fun and they won’t knock any glasses over.
- Magazine – stop by the local shop and buy one of those crappy children’s magazines with tat on the front. The cheap toys will entertain then for a bit and there are usually a few puzzles/games inside.
- Skipping Rope – do bear in mind the size of the garden as it can turn into a weapon of destruction; but beyond skipping it can be turned into all kinds of fun (e.g horse reigns)
- Dog – invite your friends who have dogs to join you for a drink, hours of fun for the little ones.
- But most importantly, don’t forget a fully charged Ipad loaded with games and movies. And of course to minimize pissing off the other patrons take head phones! Plus, they also work well as a drinks tray????
Apparently the sun may be out this Bank Holiday weekend so get down to your local pub and don’t forget to pack a bag.
Do you have anything I should add to the list?
3 thoughts on “Friday 5: How to entertain kids in the pub”
Perfect timing – we may just do this tonight. Great advice on the bubbles. We may take a soft ball too.
Some good ideas, especially the magazines. I think you’re so right about the entertainment value of the cheap tat on the front of them
Always good to have bubbles in your bag and I always take a book too for my big boy or his Beano!