I was in a bit of a rush to write this up as they are open on Bank Holidays and tomorrow being one. But for those of you who read this later they’re open Tues through Sunday and Bank Holidays from 10-5.30.
Fun for the whole family!
I’m always on the lookout for family days out, that the whole family can enjoy, not just the kids and this is one of those. We have been to Hatfield House Farm Park before but had a truly great day out there today. The weather was in our favour.
One of the reasons that I love it is that it is reasonably priced when you think we spent £20 for hubby and daughter to go to the cinema yesterday. It’s £4.50 per adult and £2 per child and FREE parking. As farms go it isn’t anything out of the ordinary, but do remember I’m Canadian and my sister is married to a rancher, with 400 cows and they think it’s hilarious that we pay to go to farms, but the adventure playground is amazing.
It’s set in a dip in the woods, with ample shade and a replica of Hatfield House. As a St Albian, I’m very jealous of the quality of the playgrounds elsewhere. I do hope our council takes note as our local playgrounds are lacking.
My top tips:
- Start at the adventure playground, but send someone to the restaurant to grab coffee. It’s diagonally across the car park, in the Stable Yard. You can also get a child-lunch box (£5.50 for 5 items) and have an impromptu picnic, but to save a few pennies, you may want to bring your own lunch. There is plenty of seating outside the playground.
- We then did a walk around the farm, some unique breeds but wish we would have bought some animal feed at the entrance.
- If you decide to ride on the tractor, make sure, when you’re looking at the back of the tractor that you sit on the right or else you end up looking at the car park and dual carriageway.
- Take the time to wander up to the Stable Courtyard after, we weren’t interested in visiting the house or gardens, but plenty to see in the courtyard; Butchers, Toy Store, Sweet Shop, Burstons Garden Centre and a Pimm’s Stand! Don’t mind if I do!
- Save the train ride till the end of the day when you’re heading for the car. It’s included in the price of a ticket.
All in all it was great value and I highly recommend it, but do bear in mind the weather as there is not a lot of cover.
4 thoughts on “Hatfield Farm Park Hatfield House”
Madame looks like she’s having fun Chrissie
We all had a fab day John! :-)
It looks like a great day out!
This looks like so much fun x