My husband always looks so disappointed when I tell him we’re having soup for dinner! However, after his initial moan, he really liked it. It’s a hearty meal, great for those cold and dark winter evenings.
- 4 skinless boneless chicken breasts
- 1.5 litres of chicken stock
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 stalks of celery, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 TBSP of dried parsley
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- 1 bay leaf
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Put the chicken, stock, onion, celery carrot, herbs in the slow cooker and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- When the chicken is tender fish it out of the slow cooker and shred it using a couple of forks and put it back in the slow cooker to keep it warm while you make the pasta.
- I used Tagliatelle, however, you could probably substitute most types of pasta. Cook enough, following the instruction on the pack, so that you can almost half fill your soup bowls. Then ladle over the soup. I served with crusty bread.
Click here for more Slow Cooker Recipes.
Disclosure: That is not a picture of my soup as I forgot to take one.