I think they’d be perfect for Valentine’s Day breakfast for your little ones and they were very easy to make.
You will need:
1 Hard boiled egg
2 rubber bands
Piece of card
Here’s what we did:
1) The original instructions called for a milk carton, but here in the UK I haven’t seen any as our milk tends to come in plastic jugs. I used a piece of card (approx 8x20cm), more specifically, the front cover of an estate-agents folder. I chose this as it had a coating so the egg didn’t stick t to it.
2) Fold the card in half. You may have to trim it a bit later. See picture.
3) Peel the egg when it is still warm and place it in the card. The gently press the chopstick into it, not too hard, as I did and damaged the egg a bit. Then secure each end with a rubber band.
4) Then place in the fridge for 10-15 min.
5) Remove the package and but the egg in half perpendicular to the chopstick dent.