I’m personally a huge fan of Gnocchi but my husband isn’t as convinced. However, we both really liked this meal and it’s extremely easy to make. The original recipe is by Sara Lewis but I’ve tweaked it to get the WW point values down a bit. I probably could have reduced it even further by using low cal spray instead of olive oil and butter.
Cooking Temp: Low
Cooking Time: 6 hours
WW Pro Plus Points: 11
- 1 TBSP oil
- 25 g of butter
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1 tsp of lazy garlic
- 2 TBSP of plain flour
- 150 ml of dry white wine
- 300 ml of vegetable stock
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 tsp of dry sage
- 340g of Butternut Squash
- 500g of Gnocchi
- 125 Elmelea Single Light Alternate to Cream
- 20 g grated Parmigiano Cheese
- Heat the oil and butter in a frying pan. Sauté the onions for 3-5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Add the flour, mix for about a minute.
- Gradually add the wine and stock, season with salt and pepper, bring to a boil and add the sage.
- Place the butternut squash in the slow cooker and cover with sauce. Cook on low for 6 hours.
- Cook the Gnocchi according the instructions on the back.
- Add the cream to the slow cooker and then mix in the gnocchi.
- Serve with garlic bread and/or some greens.