I was actually scared of my own dinner! I don’t mind a bit of kick but Cayenne pepper and Tabasco was worrying. However, in the end it wasn’t too mind blowing. Sadomasochists may want to add a few more dashes of both!
Cooking time: 7-8 hours
TBSP of oil
500g of skinless chicken thigh fillets, cut into bite-size chunks
Salt and pepper
1 onion chopped
225g of Chorizo Sausage, chopped
3 sticks of celery, diced
1 green pepper, diced
400g tin of chopped tomatoes
250 ml of chicken stock
2 dashes of tabasco sauce
2 tsp of dried oregano
2 tsp of dried parsley
1 tsp of cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp of dried thyme
200 g peeled king prawns
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan, season the chicken with salt and pepper. Cook for about 5 minutes until the chicken is sealed. Use a slotted spoon to transfer to slow cooker.
- Sauté the onions for about 3 minutes till soft.
- Add the sausage, celery and green pepper and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Pour in the stock and tomatoes, add the dried spices and tabasco, stir and bring to a boil. Pour into slow cooker, mix, cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours.
- 30 min before serving add the prawns.
Serve on a bed of rice. If you find it too hot, serve with plain yoghurt.