Slow Cooker Sunday – Jacket Potatoes (27th May 2012)

by mediocremum on 27/05/2012

Print Friendly

If you like your jacket potatoes crispy this one isn’t for you as they are more steamed and I can hardly call it a recipe, it’s more of an idea.

Simply scrub a few baking potatoes, pat them dry, poke with a fork, wrap in foil and place in the slow cooker for 8-10 hours. DO NOT ADD ANY LIQUID. Then top with your favourite fillings (tuna and sweetcorn, beef or veg chilli, prawn cocktail, sour cream and bacon bits).

I came across this idea on last weeks slow cooker Sunday and think it’s brilliant. My hubby loves jacket potatoes but I never think of having them.

Feel free to share some of your own slow cooker recipes; they can be old or new and don’t even have to be your own just one of your favourites from the web. All we ask is that you have tried them yourself.

Thanks for joining in.  I really appreciate the inspiration.

For more of our favourite slow cooker recipes click here.

Photobucket

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

I'd love to hear your thoughts? Please leave a comment, share using the nifty buttons or subscribe to have future posts delivered to your inbox.

{ 8 comments… read them below or add one }

1 Aly May 27, 2012 at 9:26 am

I haven’t tried jacket potatoes yet so I’ll be giving this a go for definite.

2 mediocremum May 27, 2012 at 6:07 pm

Can’t wait to see your toppings! Again your pudding has truly impressed me!

3 Actually Mummy... May 27, 2012 at 9:56 am

That would work well with sweet potatoes!

4 mediocremum May 27, 2012 at 6:07 pm

And keep down the ‘points’! Good thinking Batman!

5 Hilary Jones May 27, 2012 at 6:05 pm

Yogurty chicken: Skin chicken, Rub in finely chopped chilli, salt and lemon juice all over. Mix 8 fl oz yogurt (goats is best – doesn’t curdle in cooking) with garlic and ½ a bunch of finely chopped coriander. Smother chicken in this and let it marinate for anything up to 8 hours (2 will do – modern chickens don’t need that much tenderising). At this point I roast it; I haven’t got a slo cooker. But I imagine you’d put it + all the marinade + some melted butter into the slo-cooker and cook till done. When done, carve chicken; while carving chicken, boil up the cooking juices to make a sauce. Serve, hot or cold, with naan bread and salad.

6 HELEN May 27, 2012 at 6:06 pm

I would never have thought of doing Jacket spuds in a slow cooker, definitely one I will try, thanks for sharing & I’ve linked up too
x

7 mediocremum May 27, 2012 at 6:09 pm

Silly question Hilary, are you using a whole chicken??? I can’t wait to try this one, I’m thinking I may have to brown in the oven first….what do you reckon?

8 GW June 3, 2012 at 2:04 pm

Good thinking. I’ll have to try jacket potatioes. Should be able to use any favourite condiments with these potatoes,

Thank you.