This isn’t the normal type of meal I would cook. I tend to lean toward fresh ingredients but I do love a cheat sometimes. A while back I was in Ikea and got caught up in the moment and bought a 1kg bag of their frozen meatballs. They’ve been clogging up my freezer ever since.
Last week I came across this very simple recipe from Six Sister’s Stuff for Tangy Meatballs which only has 3 ingredients! The only challenge I had was finding grape jelly here in the UK. So, I substituted Reduced Sugar Black Currant Jam.
It may not sound appetizing but it was really nice and most importantly the 5 year old loved it.
- 500g of Frozen Swedish Meatballs ( I think any pork or turkey would do)
- 100ml of Sweet Chilli Dipping Sauce (Blue Dragon)
- 200g of Reduced Sugar Blackcurrant Jam
- Preheat the slow cooker on low. Add the Dipping Sauce and Jam to the Slow Cooker and mix well.
- Add the meatballs and stir to coat.
- Cook on low for 2-5 hours
- Serve with rice and greens.
How it’s your turn to share some of your favourite recipes using the Linky below.
You can also find us on Pinterest if you need some Slow Cooking recipe inspiration with over 90 recipes.