If you fancy joining into Slow Cooker Sunday, where we share our favourite recipes but don’t have a blog you can always email it to me, like Indie (@leightonsopt) did, or you can leave your recipe in the comment section. I can’t wait to try this one, especially the Cumin Infused Rice with Peas. Thanks for sharing it with us.
‘New slow cooker purchased! Here is my contribution to #scsunday. I made this last night and let it cook overnight. The smell in the house was amazing, although my wife felt we had just woken in a curry house!!’
- 600g Diced lamb
- 2tsp oil and a little butter
- 2 medium onions
- 5 cloves Garlic chopped
- 1 can chopped tomatoes
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 inch grated ginger
- 2 green chillies
- 1 ½ tsp salt
- 5 tsp garam masala
- 1 handful coriander chopped
- 2 handfuls of yellow lentils
- 3 cups of boiled water
- Juice of ½ lime
- Firstly fry the lamb gently on a medium heat until it is browned. Place in a colander to remove excess fat.
- Fry onions, salt and garlic in the oil & butter until really well browned.
- Add ginger, chillies, turmeric & garam masala and fry for a couple of minutes – add water if the mixture begins to dry.
- Add the tomatoes and coriander and cook for 2 minutes.
- In the slow cooker add the lentils, meat and then the curry mixture.
- Add the boiled water
- Cook on low for 8 hours
- Add lime juice ½ hour before the end of cooking.
This can be served with plain basmati rice, naan or…….
Cumin infused rice with peas
- Using a teaspoon of oil & a knob of butter fry 1 tsp of cumin seeds, when they are sizzling add a sliced onion & 1 tsp salt. Fry gently until the onions are softened and translucent.
- Add 2 handfuls of frozen peas and 2 cups of washed basmati rice, turn up the heat and stir-fry for 3-4 mins.
- Add 3 cups of cold water and bring to the boil, the stir well.
- Reduce the heat to low, cover and cook for 15-20 mins or until the water has evaporated.
- Loosen with a fork and transfer to a serving dish.
For more of our favourite slow cooker recipes click here.