- 1 TBSP of Oil
- 300g of lamb (as you are slow cooking you could use mutton)
- salt and pepper
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3-4 medium carrots, sliced diagonally
- 2 celery stick, chopped
- 45g of Pearl Barley
- 450 ml of Lamb Stock
- 2 pinches of dried parsley
- Dumplings - I use Aunt Bessie's finest frozen
- Heat the oil in a frying pan. Add the lamb, season with salt and pepper and brown for approximately 5 minutes.
- Add the onion, carrots and celery and fry for a further 3-5 minutes.
- Transfer to the slow cooker. Sprinkle the barley over the lamb and vegetables, add the stock, stir and sprinkle the parsley on top.
- Cook on low for 7-8 hours.
- And 90 minutes before serving, place the frozen dumplings on top. After 45 minutes turn them.
- Ladle into large bowls and enjoy!
If you do try any of my recipes do pop back and let me know what you think. For more Slow Cooker inspiration, click on the tab at the top.