Bit of a laugh yesterday, the team from Netmums sent around a film crew. They’re starting a parenting channel on youtube and would like to highlight food for all the family. They asked if I could knock up a few Slow Cooker recipes that kids would eat. In the end, I did Honey Garlic Chicken Thighs, Mince and Macaroni Soup, Sausages with Chutney Gravy and a Banana Bread. It was really food fun.
I do public speaking everyday and am a fairly confident character and genuinely thought I’d be comfortable in front of the camera but I wasn’t. Once I see the final version, if it’s not to cringe worthy I’ll pass on the link.
I wasn’t going to post a recipe yet, but, the cooking marathon has resulted in a huge amount of food in the house. We went sledging today and it was so nice to come home to some hearty soup that helped us unthaw! So, I thought I’d share it.
- 1TBSP of oil
- 400g of minced beef
- 1 large onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 450ml of beef stock or water
- 1 500g carton of passata
- 1 400g tin of chopped tomatoes
- 1 TBSP of soy sauce
- 2 tsp of dried Italian herbs
- 1 bay leaf
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 200g of uncooked macaroni
- Heat the oil in a frying pan. Brown the mince for approx 5 minutes, add the onion and garlic, sauté for a further 3 minutes.
- Transfer to the slow cooker. Add the stock, passata, tomatoes, soy sauce, dried herbs, bay leaf and season with salt and pepper. Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours.
- Fifteen minutes prior to serving cook the macaroni according to the packet instructions. Stir into the soup. Ladle into large bowls and serve with crusty bread.
This is the perfect weather for slow cooking. So what have you been cooking? Do add your recipes to the link below.
I will also be adding your recipes to our Pinterest board which is growing rapidly.
Enjoy the snow!
9 thoughts on “Slow Cooker Sunday: Mince and Macaroni Soup”
Ooooh get you! You’ll have to share the link when it airs.
I really wasn’t a natural! :-)
That looks like something my kids would try – and a perfect mid-week supper
Madame ate it! Phew!
This looks delicious and super easy! Not the kind of ‘soup’ that gets noses turned up at! I have added my link for the first time – enjoying the slow cooking lark!
It’s more than a soup, meal in a bowl and my daughter ate it so another bonus. Not one of those parents that cooks several different meals.
I love recipes like this! Pasta recipes are one of my favorites. =)
Im a new follower!
Nice to meet you Melissa!
we eat a lot of pasta dishes in this house and i make sauces in my slow cooker but i have never added pasta to the slow cooker, but now i may well try this! thank you x