- 1 tbs of oil (whatever you have on hand)
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 125 ml beef stock (half a stock cube)
- 1 400g tin of chopped tomatoes
- 1 Tbs of oil
- 500g of lamb (you could use pork or chicken), cut into bite size pieces
- 2 tbs Patak’s Mild Curry Paste
- Salt and pepper
- Basmati Rice
- Natural Yoghurt
1.) Preheat the slow cooker. Heat the oil in a pan and then lump in the onion and garlic. Sautee for about 3 minutes. Then throw in the beef stock and tinned tomatoes. Bring to a boil and pour into slow cooker.
2.) Put the curry paste in a bowl, add the lamb, and stir to coat evenly. Heat oil in another pan add the lamb and brown on all sides (approx 5-10 minutes). Transfer to the slow cooker.
3.) Cook on low for 6-8 hours. Serve with a ginormous pot of yoghurt and some naans to mop up the liquid.
Please note…the more you drink the better it tastes!
I ate it so quickly I didn’t get a chance to take a photo.