We’re very good at eating at least one portion of fish a week. However, there are many benefits for having it twice a week. This week we’ve had Fish soup at the beginning of the week and have a Fish Pie penciled in for Friday.
- 1 TBSP of vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 stick of celery, chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 6 florets of broccoli, but into bite sized pieces
- 3oog of
- mixed white fish
- cut into small pieces (we used hake, haddock and cod)
- 1.3 litres of fish stock
- 1 tsp of dried parsley
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 100g of frozen peas
- 50g of fresh beans cut into 2cm pieces
- 175 ml of dry white wine
- Heat the oil in a frying pan. Sauté the onions, celery, carrots and broccoli for 15-20 min. Transfer to the slow cooker.
- Add the fish, stock and parsley. Season with a bit of salt and pepper.
- Cover and cook on high for2.5-3 hours. Add the peas, beans and wine halfway through the cooking time.
- Ladle into large soups bowls and serve with crusty bread
Disclosure: Our Fish was compliments of DelishFish
Now it’s over to you to share what you’ve had bubbling away in your slow cooker. For a full list of recipes shared over the week pop over to our Pinterest Board. Thanks for joining in.